Sunday, April 4, 2010

The grind begins, continues...

My goal for the evening was to post at least a partial draft of my paper tonight. Grand aspirations. I don't know if its the intimidation created by our assignment "the greatest paper we've ever written," or my own muddied thoughts but I find myself lost in the grind. I want to write a sort of continuation and closure to my theory on practicality.

I started well with my first four steps:
1. Start Looking
2. Finding personal inscape is hard
3. Little Things are big things
4. Personal Inscape exists.

I also really liked my discovery in the Memoir I read for US Latino Literature that nobility doesn't lie in the profession but rather in discovery of the Sacred Duty no matter what the profession whether a "dignified priest, a cow, an elephant, a dog or the man who eats the dog."

I would also like to squeeze the "Still Point" in my last post in as well.

However my sticking point is choice. Throughout all of my blogs, I fail to account for free will and choice. I am beginning to think that our personal inscape starts with a decision. Somewhere in life, we choose (knowingly or unknowingly) our Sacred Duty. Obviously the repercussions of this decision cannot be predicted or avoided. How we pursue that Sacred Duty or how we act upon that decision dictates our realization of the Sacred Duty.

Then trying to relate all of this back to my experience in college. Mind hurts.

Probably just over thinking things. I hope the rest of you aren't struggling as bad as I am. (though writing my thoughts in this blog without worrying about the proper grammar and mechanics of a term paper seems to be helping, even if only a little.)

No comments:

Post a Comment