Wednesday, April 7, 2010

From grind to Progress

So the grind I fell into a few short days ago seems to be letting up. My paper is coming together but ultimately, I have no Idea what it is about. I can think of so many things I want it to be about, Practical, epiphany, my story....blah blah blah. But I've come to realize it has completely transformed into something else. Something much more important to both this class and to myself.

I can thank Tai, once again, for a little help in this department. I mused over this thought but he so cleverly wrote it.

I think this is a big part of this class. The recognition of our own narratives. Seeing what our own imperatives are and pursuing them with no mind to the end so much as to the narrative itself.

I grossly misinterpreted Sexson's charge "The best paper you've ever written." I missed the key modifier "you've." The best paper I can ever write must deal with a topic I am intimately familiar with, Myself. My paper has transcended the practical, transcended the works we've read, and ended up with the only story that ever mattered to me personally, my own story. I can tell you honestly this realization made my paper a heck of a lot more easy to write. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment